"A Celebration of Lifelong Dedication to Conservative Principles"
A Surprise Party!
Friday, January 9, 2009, 7 o'clock at the Collins Hill golf Club
Senator Renee Unterman
Senator Don Balfour
Senator David Shafer
Representative Melvin Everson
Representative Len Walker
County Commissioner Kevin Kenerly
Former County Commission Chairman Wayne Hill
click on thumbnail photos to enlarge
1 Joan Zellner arrives with Renee Unterman and is speechless when the large crowd yells "Surprise". Joan thought she was going to a surprise birthday party for a friend. 2. Senator Renee Unterman speaks first and gives a personal account of how Joan had helped her in a time of great need. Buzz Brockway on right was M.C. for the evening. 3. On left are Joan's brother, John Harrington, and granddaughter, Adriane Dail 4. On left is Joan's son, Ron Zellner
Following are some of the people who spoke and gave their personal thanks to Joan for a job well done.
5. Sara Snyder, President of Greater Gwinnett Republican Women's Club, presents a plaque to Joan honoring her years of service and for being a Founding Member of the club. 6. Click on thumbnail of plaque 7. Emory Mossberger, Gwinnett Developer and long time friend of Joan, gives his tribute. 8. Judge Billy Ray former Gwinnett GOP Chairman praises Joan for her years of dedication to our conservative cause.
9. Former Gwinnett GOP Chairman B.J. VanGundy. He is now 7th District Chairman and long time friend of Joan. 10.Jim Lenihan, former Gwinnett GOP Chair, adds his thanks to Joan for her party support. 11. Mike Royal, former Gwinnett GOP Chairman recounts his fond memories of working with Joan in the party. 12. Buzz Brockway, former Gwinnett GOP Chairman, salutes Joan and presents her with a remembrance gift.
13. Mike Sullivan recalls working with Joan 14. Rep. Melvin Everson has fond memories of Joan and her support in his campaign 15. Derrick Corbett brings greetings and thanks from Congressman John Linder's office. 16. Former County Commissioner Lorraine Green pays tribute to Joan
17. GA GOP Chairman Sue Everhart of Cobb County thanks Joan for her many hours of volunteer service to the state GOP as well as the Gwinnett GOP 18. GA National Committeewoman to the RNC Linda Herren thanks Joan for her long support for the Party at all levels 19. Gwinnett School Board Member Mary Kay Murphy thanks Joan for all of her work 20. Katherine Sherrington, Gwinnett Tax Commissioner, congratulates and thanks Joan for her dedication to Republican principles.
21. Beth Gibbons of the Gwinnett Elections Board fondly recalls working with Joan 22. Beauty Baldwin of the Elections Board also worked with Joan on the Elections Board. 23. School Board member Louise Radloff congratulates Joan at the end of the event 24. Joan cuts the tribute cake contributed by many Republican friends
25. Amy Borden and Peg Murray listen approvingly to speakers. Peg was one of the chief planners and promoters of the event. 26. A grateful and still surprised Joan Zellner thanks everyone at the end of the program. 26. - 28. Party participants enjoy the bountiful food provided for the gala affair.
Paid for by the Greater Gwinnett Republican Women, not authorized by any
candidate or any candidate committee.
© Copyright 2004. The Greater Gwinnett Republican Women. All rights reserved.
Web Page by Bettye Chambers